środa, 3 maja 2017

"Animal Farm"


I read “Animal Farm” by George Orwell online during winter holiday. It was my homework but I would do it even if it wasn’t because last year I read it in polish and as in my opinion it’s better to read books, poems and so on in their original language because there may be things hard to translate or completely untranslatable, I would reach out for it in english then. But I thought thoughts like “big name = hard sentences abstract for me”. The year after I tried and it turned out to be not as difficult.


The story is about ordinary farm run by ordinary man with ordinary name, John. One day the oldest of his pigs gives the speech to the rest of animals which are gathered around him. The pig describes them his last dream about the farm without humans. Everybody are excited about the idea and prepare for rebellion. Animals take control over the farm and start to live free, cooperating each other until some of them get above themselves and the others are too unaware and naive to notice that in time.


"Animal Farm" is a book written to criticise government and to make people aware of that there are people who want to rule them and take control over whole country.


Despite its historical context the book is great for everyone. It’s not only John’s farm, it may be yours or mine as well; “The Animal” farm is Anymale Farm, the farm of every man.
Human’s disadvantages are depicted in it very clearly, it reminds me of limericks by Krasicki.
All in all the book itself resembles the one big limerick of how we are and how are those who we go around with.

I think this book is worth to be recommended and I hope I succeed and encouraged you to read the Animal Farm.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Polecany post

Podaj tytuł i autora książki czytanej (Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas)

Tutaj napisz wstęp (tytuł, autor, warunki odbioru  - kiedy przeczytałeś/aś, ciekawostki związane z książką). Dodaj grafikę z okładką ksią...