niedziela, 3 czerwca 2018

"A Study in Scarlet" by Conan Doyle



One month ago I read an amazing book called "A Study in Scarlet" by Conan Doyle.I decided to read it because I love a TV series called "Sherlock" witch is based on this book.It's a detective novel and it was written in 1886.Conan Doyle wrote it at the age of 27 in less than three weeks!I find this very impressive.

The action takes place in London,England.The main characters are John Watson-a doctor who has just returned from the war in Afganistan and Sherlock Holmes-a very specific and clever detective.John is searching for a place to live he runs into an old friend who introduces him to Sherlock who is also looking for a flat.John is very interested in him .They decide to rent a flat at 221B Baker Street.Inspectors from Scotland Yard Gregson and Lestrade ask Sherlock to help them in a murder case.Watson decides to join him and now they solve ceses toogether.

I was very captivated by this story.When I fished first part I could't wait to continue reading.The story is creative and funny.I wasn't bored while reading.The writing is billiant as well.I recommend it to anyone who is interested in adventures,crimes and sarcasm.It's really worth reading.I want to read it again!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Polecany post

Podaj tytuł i autora książki czytanej (Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas)

Tutaj napisz wstęp (tytuł, autor, warunki odbioru  - kiedy przeczytałeś/aś, ciekawostki związane z książką). Dodaj grafikę z okładką ksią...