środa, 15 marca 2017

"Dracula" by Bram Stoker

I read a book called "Dracula" by Bram Stoker two months ago, because this was my task to perform for my English lesson. I chose the book, cause this is one of the most popular book in English literature and I was always curious this story. A lot od movies and TV series are based on the book.




"Dracula" is a classical horror, which shows a story of a young lawyer who arrives from England to Transylvania. There he meets a mysterious count Dracula who passes as somebody else and then in the Dracula's castle and in Englad take place mysterious and weird situations. People are in danger.

According to me, this book is addressed for both teenager and adult readers. It is full of different emotions for example: fear, anxiety or affection. "Dracula" touches a lot of subject including religion, love, friendship and death, so it's a little bit difficult book.
The book is written in the form of telegrams, diary and letters. Moreover you can find here a lot of interesting, old-fashioned words, which will allow you to enrich your vocabulary. Unfortunetly this makes also difficult to understand a text and you will have to use a dictionary very often.
The story is original and the characters are very dynamic and colorful. This book is different from modern stories about vampires. It shows them only in a bad light.

I think that "Dracula" is a remarkable book. I recommend it especially to students who love vampires and scary stories. I don't like this kind of books and I read it because of  the fame of the story. Although, I think that everyone should know the history of the frightening Dracula.









Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Polecany post

Podaj tytuł i autora książki czytanej (Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas)

Tutaj napisz wstęp (tytuł, autor, warunki odbioru  - kiedy przeczytałeś/aś, ciekawostki związane z książką). Dodaj grafikę z okładką ksią...